Journalism and media technology
This master’s degree in journalism and media technology gives every student the chance to acquire a relevant knowledge of the theories and practices of the digital media world, and also of Data journalism, new methods of working with information and ways of delivering that same information (infographics, longread, webcast). Our professors are leading media researchers, famous journalists and professionals in the field of public relations (PR).
Entrance test: examination on the key discipline.
Official partners of the program
- Channel One Russia
- Russia 1
- Russia Today
- Channel 8
- Rossia Segodnia
Communications advisors’ agency ‘Mikhailov and Partners’
- The Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media оf the Russian Federation
- The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
- The State Duma of Moscow
- The Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation
The masters and professors of the course
- Irina Aleksandrovna Kedrovskaya : Director of the multimedia section at RIA Novosti – First Deputy Head of the Joint Editorial Office.
- Frants Adamovich Klintsevich: Member of the Federation Council
- Tatiana Vyacheslavovna Pushkina: Russian journalist and television presenter
- Vladimir Vladimirovich Silkin: Dean of the faculty of journalism at RANEPA, member of the expert council of the scientific publication ‘public service’
- Shukran Saidovna Suleymanova: Reviewer of the channel ‘Caucasus (Kavkaz)’ and of the radio station ‘The voice of Russia’, chief editor of the scientific publication ‘Issues of national and federal relations’.
- Alexey Gennadiyevich Chernyshov: Former member of the State Duma of Russia and political and scientific figure in Russia.
Competences and advantages
The willingness and ability to lead a team in the field of their professional activity;
The ability to practice professional activities based on the knowledge of modern media systems, of their structures and also of the specifics of Russian and foreign national media models;
The skills to write journalistic texts for lots of different media platforms.
A knowledge of the economic factors in the activities of media enterprises;
The ability to perform independent scientific researches in the media field;
The ability to create content for digital medias;
The skills to implement various types of editorial work in order to create personal/original projects for various types of media.
The benefits offered by our program:
A unique program that is focused on acquiring the main skills required in the field of digital media and that also combines both a theoretical and a more practical approach.
The teaching staff is composed of leading Russian media researchers and well-known representatives of the media sphere;
The possibility to take a practical training in the leading Russian media, press services of federal authorities and business structures;
The journalism and media technology profile is a platform for obtaining fundamental knowledge that will serve as the basis for continuing education in the postgraduate studies of the faculty of Journalism (Political Science).
The aim of this program is to prepare highly qualified masters with a solid theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the creating of content in various formats, including multimedia. The program allows a comprehensive coverage of current trends in the development of the media space and the media industry.
The main block of disciplines is aimed at developing skills in order to be able to work with new forms and genres of media (‘Convergence Journalism’, ‘computer technology in journalism’, ‘Theory and practice of the digital media world’, ‘Modern technologies for creating media texts’, ‘The technology of creating television shows’, ‘The language and style of the media’). It is also aimed at giving and gaining knowledge in the field of media management, media economics and public relations.
Full-time classes are held in the evening, which allows you to combine studies and work.
Journalism students take an active role in the student life of the Academy and the scientific activities of the faculty, on the basis of which conferences of federal and international level are regularly held.