41.03.02. Russian Area Studies
Comprehensive Assessment and Development of Regions
Languages for study:
English, Spanish, Italian, German, French (on the choice of students when forming a group of at least 10 people).
Admission is carried out on the basis of secondary general education on the basis of the unified state exam (USE) results evaluated on a one hundred-point scale (Social Studies, Russian, History). On the basis of secondary vocational or higher education – based on the results of entrance tests conducted by the Academy independently.
- bodies of state, regional, municipal government;
- analytical and research institutions involved in monitoring and developing recommendations for the development of regions;
- organizations of any form of ownership that need specialists in regional audit, development and promotion of the region’s interests.
- Committee on Regional Policy and Problems of the North and the Far East of the State Duma of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of North Caucasus Affairs;
- Authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, municipalities.
Competencies and Advantages
- high demand for graduates in the all-Russian and regional labor market, connected with increasing the relevance of regional issues in the context of international competition, with the need to comply with Decrees of the President of the Russian Federation and other regulatory legal documents on the socio-economic development of territories;
- the focus of the educational process on the intensification of training, the active use of technology problem (project) training;
- providing students with places of practice, including long-term undergraduate practice in relevant organizations;
- participation in scientific research conducted by the Academy and potential employers, the possibility of publishing in scientific journals;
- participation in study tours to the regions of Russia.
The program provides comprehensive training in economics, sociology, marketing, political science, socio-economic geography, law, public relations, conflict studies, cultural, ethno-national and religious characteristics of the territories, which further makes it possible to choose master’s courses in a wide range of areas of training.
We create the conditions under which each student has the opportunity to engage from the very beginning of the study in the practice of assessing the development of regions and developing projects for the development of territories.
Competences and advantages
- they are able to develop strategies, programs, projects for the development of territories, taking into account their resources and characteristics;
- have comprehensive knowledge about the resources and capabilities of the regions of Russia, allowing to develop the most effective development models;
- they are able to conduct monitoring and audit of territories, own sociological tools for diagnosing a regional situation;
- they know PR tools and technologies, technologies for promoting the interests of regions using media, Internet resources and digital technologies;
- possess the skills and development of decision-making to achieve sustainable development of regions;
- they are able to evaluate the effectiveness of the practical implementation of scientific developments;
- they are able to apply international experience in the development of territories in Russian practice;
- possess the skills of monitoring, forecasting and modeling the development of territories;
- they are able to advise on sustainable development of Russian regions.