41.03.02. Russian Area Studies
Regional policy and regional management (with in-depth study of foreign languages)
Specification: with advanced study of foreign languages
Program “Regional Policy and Regional Management” is implemented with the aim of training specialists with knowledge of natural-geographical, economic, political, ethno-national, cultural characteristics of the regions of Russia capable of developing effective management decisions to overcome social and economic imbalances in the regions, formulating and realizing the interests of regional communities in public policy.
- Spanish, Italian, German, French (selective)
Foreign students master the curriculum in full. Additionally, advanced study of disciplines is offered for foreign students: Russian; History and Culture of Russia; Russian Foreign Policy; System of State and Municipal Government in Russia.
Admission is carried out on the basis of secondary general education according to the Unified State Exam results evaluated on a hundred-point scale (Social Studies, Russian, History). On the basis of secondary vocational or higher education – based on the results of entrance tests conducted by the Academy independently.
- bodies of state power and municipal government;
- organizations of any form of ownership that need specialists in regional management and regional policy, who have comprehensive systematic information about the regions of Russia and knowledge of development models and management of regional systems.
IPACS partners in the implementation of the program:
- Ministry of North Caucasus Affairs;
- Committee on Regional Policy and Problems of the North and the Far East of the State Duma of the Russian Federation;
- regional authorities.
Competences and advantages
- the profile of bachelors in “Regional Studies of Russia”. The curriculum of the profile “Regional Policy and Regional Management” was developed jointly with experts – representatives of the Presidential Administration and regional authorities;
- guaranteed places of student practice in government;
- internships abroad to study the foreign experience of regional politics and regional governance.
Additionally, our students have the opportunity to:
- conduct research on the problems of cultural, socio-economic, political development of the regions;
- participate in ethnographic expeditions;
- participate in youth projects in election campaigns;
- obtain international certificates from foreign universities, participate in international student exchange programs.
Our graduates have the following competencies:
- they have comprehensive knowledge about the resources and capabilities of the regions of Russia;
- they are able to evaluate the competitive advantages of regions, formulate their interests, coordinate with the interests of the state, resolve conflicts in the “center-regions” system;
- they are able to participate in the development of regional policies at the federal, regional and municipal levels in conjunction with social, budgetary, tax, pricing, investment, structural, institutional policies;
- they know the basics of modeling the processes of regional management, are able to evaluate the effectiveness of different models, taking into account the strategic importance of the regions, their resources and features;
- they possess the development of decision-making to achieve sustainable development of the regions;
- they know the basics of strategic planning and forecasting, have the skills of comparative analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of strategies for socio-economic development of regions;
- they have sociological tools for diagnosing a regional situation;
- they know how to stabilize the situation in the face of risks, emergencies, instability;
- they are able to evaluate the effectiveness of the practical implementation of scientific developments, the possibility of applying international experience of regional policy and regional management in the Russian practice.