38.04.04. State and municipal administration
The knowledge, skills acquired in the learning process will allow with a high degree of certainty to assess crisis situations and make effective management decisions. The entrance tests: exam in the form of testing in the relevant discipline in a hundred-point system.
The program “Crisis management” in the field of study “State and Municipal Administration” (SMA) is implemented by the Department of Anti-crisis Measures and Risk Management of the Project and Program Management Department of the Faculty of State Economy Management.
Within the framework of the program, a community of crisis management specialists, the Anti-Crisis Club, functions to create the active social environment, allowing the members to exchange knowledge and experience and solve difficult non-standard tasks together. On February 23, 2019 members of the community took part in the international business game aimed at working out state migration policy under conditions of crisis of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) at the University of Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Competences and advantages
- The current heads of departments of the Executive Office of the Government of the Russian Federation, federal and regional ministries, managers of business organizations are among the teaching staff. The students get acquainted with the best practices of crisis management and project management in the public sector and business.
- An individual approach to the process of education. The students form an individual educational plan taking into account their priorities in professional activities.
- Since 2011 the “Anti-crisis Case Club” has been operating, uniting the graduates and students of the program. The students participate in the real projects of the anti-crisis case club.
The graduates of the program get a range of key competencies, distinguishing them from the graduates of other programs, including:
- An ability to find and make efficient organizational managerial decisions under the conditions of crisis, lack of time, information and other resources;
- An ability to use methods of crisis management, including analysis, monitoring and modeling of risks and crises of social and economic development;
- skills in identification of problems in public and municipal administration, associated with crisis processes in the society;
- management skills allowing a team of managers to achieve the required results in a crisis and instability
- an ability to work out organizational structure corresponding to the strategy, goals and tasks, internal and external conditions of activity of the municipal and regional authorities; to carry out the distribution of functions, tasks, competencies and responsibilities between executives in extreme and crisis conditions;