38.03.04. State and municipal administration
Public Relations in State and Municipal Administration
The aim of this program is to prepare the students to work in the field of State and Municipal Administration and, more precisely, in the Public Relations section of the field.
The students will acquire not only the professional skills and the knowledge requested to work in this field, but also the capacity to manage information processes, interact with the media and learn the techniques needed for creating a favorable image, brand and reputation. Our graduates are in demand in the press services of federal authorities, in leading Russian media holdings, as well as in public relations divisions in major commercial companies.
The admission to this course is based on your secondary education and on your results of The Unified State Exam (mathematics, Russian language, foreign language), and/or on your results of the entrance tests conducted by the Academy itself. If you have a professional or a higher education, you will also have to take an entrance test.
Competences and advantages
- A fundamental theoretical knowledge.
- A unique system of master classes.
- The course is taught by famous researchers and professionals of the field.
- Practice-oriented program.
- Full-time and correspondence courses.
- A wide base of internships.
PRACTICE AND EMPLOYMENT
- Government departments: Press services of the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation, the State Duma and the Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, the Government of Moscow, the Administration of the Moscow Region, etc.
- Commercial organisations: Public Relations Units at PJSC Megafon, LLC Rosgosstrakh, PJSC Sberbank of Russia, Philip Morris International, Communication Group of MediaPartner Companies.
- Associations: International Assembly of Capitals and Major Cities, Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Moscow House of Nationalities, etc.
COMPETENCIES OF GRADUATES
- The graduates will be able to structure information, develop cognitive models, scenarios and development strategies of the organization (region) in which they will work.
- They will also have the capacity to identify, formulate, conceptualize and operationalize problems in the field of management.
- They will form and take decisions, formulate and evaluate alternative recommendations, organize monitoring of the effectiveness of decisions made.
- They will be able to organize the collection and statistical analysis of information in the field of management.
- They will use various methods of information-analytical data processing, work with modern specialized software packages, etc.