38.04.04. State and municipal administration
Management in Culture, Education and Science
Nowadays, training in technologies of creative and innovative thinking forms the basis for training managerial resources in social and cultural sphere.
The Management in Culture, Education and Science Program opens new opportunities for acquiring up-to-date methods of project management, efficient resource management, innovation technologies and ideas focused on development and success.
The mission of the Masters’ Degree program – Management in Culture, Education and Science – is training specialists capable of providing development, expertise, regulatory support and implementation of social and cultural state policy, innovative programs and projects in culture, education and science. The program gives an opportunity to study international practice of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) project activities in different areas of social and humanitarian spheres.
The purpose of the program is training specialists for the state and municipal management system with competences required for planning, expert evaluation, regulatory support and implementation of social and cultural policy of the state, decisions that meet relative requirements of law, efficiency, innovation and social focus of Russian state, training specialists who work in business companies and nongovernmental organizations interacting with state and municipal management bodies and planning their own career prospects in this system.
Competences and advantages
- Providing professional training and retraining of career personnel in state and municipal management system.
- Providing legal education, developing managerial personnel focused on professional activity in state government bodies and local government bodies as well as in political and public organizations interacting with them within the framework of civil society.
- Formation of sociocultural environment and creating conditions conducive to social involvement of Master’s Degree students as professionals in state administration and as researchers.
- Ensuring theoretical and practical unity in the training of Master’s Degree students who are capable of taking professional liabilities imposed on them on graduation.
The program graduates possess the following competencies:
- The skills to expertize international and national experience of cultural, educational, and scientific development as well as to apply the experience practically.
- The skills to hold a dialog with representatives of business and civil society with a view to creating and implementing projects and programs in culture, education and science spheres.
- The skills to develop creative innovative projects for the implementation of regional policy in culture, education and science spheres, and to evaluate their social and economic efficiency.
- The skills to expertise regional and local projects and programs in culture, education and science sphere that fit into the traditions, potential and needs of the population on specific territories.
- The skills and technologies of monitoring departmental creation of regulatory acts, administrative code of behavior, business communication and management culture.
- The skills to evaluate the performance of profit and nonprofit, national and foreign enterprises and organizations operating in spheres of culture, education and science.