38.03.04. State and municipal administration
The goal of the bachelor’s educational program in the direction of “State and Municipal Administration” (SMA) and the “Digital State” profile is to train effective managers:
- able to implement the tasks of public administration system upgrade through the introduction of non-standard managerial decisions and institutional changes, taking into account the capabilities and vulnerabilities of modern information and analytical tools for processing information and making decisions;
- possessing the basic methods, tools and techniques of system management as public authorities and their structural divisions as well as budget, public and commercial organizations;
- possessing developed strategic thinking and a set of modern competencies in the field of economics, society and law, information and communication and digital technologies.
- training of a new generation of managers able to implement the tasks of public administration system upgrade through the introduction of effective management decisions and organizational changes based on the use of advanced technologies.
- Bachelor in “State and Municipal Administration”.
Basics of study:
- Basis of study: study at the expense of the federal budget; fee-based study.
Admission is carried out on the basis of secondary education on the basis of the Russian unified state exam results evaluated on a hundred-point scale (mathematics (profile), Russian, Social studies), and (or) based on the results of entrance tests conducted by the Academy independently. On the basis of secondary vocational or higher education – based on the results of entrance examinations.
“A digital state is a state that works with digital transformation – with new digital realities in the economy and society, and uses new digital tools and processes.
As factories are replaced by robotic production facilities, the state is turning into a digital platform and automating more and more routine functions. Therefore, new requirements are being imposed on managers in ministries and corporations. It is necessary to set tasks for artificial intelligence, make decisions based on data analysis, and manage the interaction of the state platform and corporate platforms with business and society.
Our graduates are leaders of the digital transformation of the state and society. These are future experts and strategists, analysts and communicators who will work in leadership positions in ministries and corporations”.
Dmitry Marinichev, representative of the presidential commissioner for the protection
of entrepreneurs rights in the internet (internet ombudsman), entrepreneur
Competences and advantages
The educational program is complex and interdisciplinary and includes a detailed mathematical unit, reinforced by a special module of IT disciplines, financial, economic and management units reflecting the specifics of the Digital State profile.
Non-standard set of disciplines, such as “Design Thinking for Digital Innovations” and “Data management”, “Artificial intelligence system” and “Strategic platforms for digital innovations”, “E-commerce and digital markets” and etc., forms a special, “digital” competency profile of the future leader in the system of state and municipal administration.
Major distinguishing features of the profile:
- Cooperation with government agencies of the Russian Federation providing preparation and implementation of program documents.
- Relevant profile of study confirmed at the level of state policy.
- System knowledge in the field of state and municipal administration, special skills in the field of digital technologies, management and business, required in various areas of the digital society.
- ability to design, develop, maintain a digital infrastructure of public administration and to form an ecosystem of innovation;
- ability to develop information and communication technologies (ICT) and use them in various areas of state and municipal government to ensure safe and effective functioning of the digital state;
- ability to be flexible, mobile and active in today’s changing environment for areas of activity related to the economy, digital technologies, public administration and business;
- ability to apply knowledge and skills in the development and application of specialized software – automated and automatic application tools based on the latest advances in software development, including the use of knowledge engineering methods and artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality based on the needs of the developing digital state infrastructure;
- ability to acquire new knowledge and form needs for personal development as well as be psychologically prepared for a change in the type, nature of one’s professional activity and for continuing education.
The indicated structure and features of the Digital State profile ensure that graduates of our program acquire unique “digital” competencies providing them with a wide choice for employment both in government organizations and corporations, as well as in commercial companies.
Our graduates are already in demand in various areas of the digital society and are provided with unprecedented opportunities for professional implementation.