38.03.04. State and municipal administration
Economics and administration (program with advanced level of foreign languages and economic disciplines)
The program is realized at the Faculty of public administration of Economics.
In 2015, IPACS started implementing a new profile of the program “State and municipal management” (SMA) – “Economics and management” (with profound study of a foreign language and economic disciplines). The program is based on the RANEPA’s own higher education standard.
The program is designed to prepare graduates who can ensure the renewal of the Russian system of state and municipal administration and improve the efficiency of state regulation of the economy.
Admission is based on secondary General education based on the results of the Russian National Exam (Russian language, mathematics (profile), foreign language) evaluated on a one-point scale, and (or) based on the results of entrance tests conducted by the Academy independently. On the basis of secondary professional or higher education – based on the results of entrance tests.
* It is possible to take part in various international programs.
A complete list of foreign partners and our possibilities you can find at the following link.
Competences and advantages
- The academic standard sets broader requirements for the quality and conditions of training, for the level of bachelor’s degree in the direction of “State and municipal administration” (GMU), than it is provided for in the Federal standard.
- Early involvement in research and project activities.
- Multidisciplinary practices in public authorities, business structures, various organizations and institutions.
- Profound study of the English language with the development of professional vocabulary.
- The opportunity to continue studying at any of the 33 RANEPA master’s and postgraduate programs in 19 scientific specialties, including on a budget basis.
- New professional competencies necessary for effective performance of professional duties (profound study of a foreign language, law, economic disciplines, fundamentals of risk management, methods for predicting the situation in the face of changes, strategies for working with NGOs).
- General cultural competencies related to understanding the need for continuing education, the ability to work in a multicultural environment, tolerance, openness, the ability to build relationships with non-governmental organizations, and the development of legal culture.
- Internationalized education of future state and municipal employees as a result of student mobility programs.
- Knowledge of the experience of state and local government in foreign countries, obtained in the course of foreign practices and internships.
OBJECTS OF GRADUATES’ PROFESSIONAL
- state authorities of the Russian Federation, municipal authorities of the Russian Federation;
- local government;
- state and municipal enterprises and institutions;
- civil society institution;
- public organization;
- non-profit and commercial organizations;
- international organization;
- scientific and educational organizations.