41.03.02. Russian Area Studies
Public and political expertise and consulting (with in-depth study of a foreign language)
The program is aimed at training managers, analysts and consultants on issues of socio-political development of regions, ensuring public-political stability, increasing public trust and electoral support, improving mechanisms for the realization of citizens’ interests, technologies of political PR, formation of political elites, settlement of political, ethno-political, social conflicts, formation of reputation, publicity and political image of the region.
Language for study:English
Admission is based on secondary education on the basis of the results of the unified state exam (USE) evaluated on a one hundred – point scale (Social studies, Russian language, History). On the basis of secondary vocational or higher education-according to the results of entrance examinations conducted by the Academy independently.
- specialized organizations engaged in political analysis, forecasting, auditing, consulting on political communications, political campaigns, GR, ensuring socio-political stability, political conflict resolution;
- state, regional and municipal government bodies;
- political parties, civil society institutions, media;
- research institutions, consulting structures engaged in the development of recommendations on the socio-political development of the regions;
- organizations of any form of ownership that need specialists in political regionalism and regional political development.
- Committee on Regional Policy and Problems of the North and Far East of the State Duma;
- Ministry of North Caucasus Affairs;
- The authorities of territorial entities of the Russian Federation, municipal entities
Competences and advantages
- high demand for graduates in the labor market, associated with the need to improve the mechanisms of interaction between government, society, business, media to ensure sustainable development of the regions and Russia;
- combination of complex knowledge of Russian regions (geography, resources, economy, demography, politics, history, cultural diversity of regions) with advanced study of Political Science, Sociology, Political Communications;
- readiness of graduates of the program for specific types of practical activities-analysis, forecasting, design of political processes, political campaigns, expertise and consulting;
development of practical skills in interactive forms of work with teachers, in projects of potential employers;
- guaranteed places of practice, including long-term undergraduate practice in specialized organizations;
- participation in analytical, scientific research, expertise conducted by the Academy, the possibility of publications in scientific journals;
- participation in study tours to the regions of Russia
We create conditions under which every student has the opportunity to early inclusion in the practice of social and political life.
The program ‘Public and Political Expertise and Consulting (with advanced study of a foreign language)’ provides comprehensive training in geography, political science, sociology, marketing, economics, law, public relations, conflict, cultural, ethno-national and religious characteristics of the territories, which further gives the opportunity to choose a master’s degree in a wide range of areas of training.
Our graduates have the following competencies:
- they have comprehensive knowledge of the resources and potential of the Russian regions, the peculiarities of their socio-political development;
- they are able to advise on the complex development of political and related processes in the domestic political space of the regions and Russia;
- they are capable of legal support of political campaigns, legal advice on conflict resolution, legal support of public and political organizations;
- they have the skills of applied political analysis, forecasting, modeling of socio-political processes, development of scenarios of the political situation;
- they possess political technologies, skills of the organization of political projects, election campaigns;
- they possess technologies of political communication, advertising, reputation formation, publicity, image of regions and separate political actors (political leaders, parties and associations), including by means of media, Internet resources and digital technologies;
- they know the basics of social and political lobbying, technology to promote the interests of the regions in the central government and among potential investors;
- they know the tools of political marketing, possess sociological tools for diagnosing the regional situation;
they possess skills of political negotiations, resolution of political conflicts