38.04.04. State and municipal administration
Strategic City Management
The purpose of the Strategic City Management Program for State and Municipal Management:
The Strategic City Management Program is designated for training professional managers with unique skills and competencies in the sphere of strategic planning and territory development management taking into account a number of social, economic, political, cultural and other factors.
A graduate receives an up-to-date perspective and professional knowledge of city management, knowledge in the field of economic and social analysis of the situation in the city, working out the strategy of city development and municipal policy; principles of organizational and managerial activity and managerial thinking; peculiarities of strategic management of social and economic development of cities; knowledge in the field of generating procedures and implementing processes of the city development strategy; knowledge of foreign and Russian experience in the strategic management of city development.
Entrance tests: examination in the format of a test in the principle subject on a hundred-point scale.
Competences and advantages
- up-to-date theoretical knowledge and methods of state and municipal management, professional competencies in city management and municipal policy development;
- knowledge in the field of organizing urban space, city architecture, patterns of city culture for megalopolises, cities and towns;
- knowledge of foreign experience in city management, foreign models of the city population welfare and models for positioning competitive advantages of the cities;
- skills to generate city development strategies with consideration to social and economic, social and political, cultural and historical, and other factors;
- skills to develop and carry out monitoring of the effectiveness of city management and development; skills of carrying out public opinion surveys;
- knowledge in the field of monitoring social and political processes in the cities, formation of the local government bodies, election campaigning, and public relations;
- skills of project management in the cities;
- skills of preparing strategic, analytical, methodological and program materials.