38.04.04. State and municipal administration
Public and municipal administration system
The mission of the program is to train highly qualified personnel for public authorities, local governments and other public bodies that are able to make management decisions independently and responsibly, to achieve their effective implementation, to carry out scientific and applied research and to introduce them in their professional activities.
The purpose of the program: preparation of future state leaders, able to apply the acquired theoretical knowledge, skills, competencies, implement scientific projects in the professional sphere.
The main tasks of the program are:
- Implementation of the educational process by teachers who have extensive experience in conducting scientific research and practical activities in the sphere of state and municipal management;
- The formation of high-level theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and the required competencies enable students to:
- organizational and management activities;
- administrative and technological activities;
- consulting and information-analytical activities;
- project activities;
- research and teaching activities;
- norm-setting activities;
- expert activity;
- political and administrative activity.
in order to effectively operate the public and municipal administration system.
- Ensuring that the students carry out project works and scientific research aimed at solving urgent problems in the sphere of public and municipal management.
Forms and duration of studies:
- On-campus course – 2 years
- Evening classes course – 2,5 years
- Off-campus course – 2,5 years
Basic disciplines within the framework that students acquire theoretical knowledge:
- Economics of the public sector
- Theory and mechanisms of modern public administration
- Information and analytical technologies of public and municipal government
- Legal support of public and municipal administration
- Municipal administration and local self-government
- Administration in the social sphere
- Personnel policy and personnel audit of the organization
- Professional ethics of a civil servant
- Business foreign language
- Anti-corruption policy of the state
- System of executive power in the Russian Federation
- State civil service
- Municipal service
- Budget and legal mechanisms of public administration
- Modern political processes in the context of globalization
- International economic relations
- Legal acts of management
- Control and supervision in the system of public and municipal administration
Disciplines for choice, in which students acquire practical skills:
- State management of information, communication and mass media processes.
- State environmental policy.
- Leadership and leadership
- Mechanisms for resolving conflicts in the system of state and municipal government
- Tax administration
- State and municipal financial control
- State regulation of business activities
- Public-private partnership
- State and municipal services
- Effectiveness of state and municipal control
- State regulation of insurance
- State management of inter-confessional and ethno national relations
- Human rights and mechanisms for their protection
- Actual problems of administrative reform in Russia
- Planning and management of working time
- Technologies of integrated and inclusive education in the university
- Technologies for the realization of the rights of disabled people and other persons with disabilities in various spheres of life
Competences and advantages
IPACS is an innovative educational center where professional management personnel of a new generation is trained, equally in demand in government bodies and in business structures.
IPACS is a research institution where, in order from public and private corporations, an analysis of world transformations in management technologies and methods is conducted; expert opinions are prepared adapting the best foreign experience to Russian realities.
IPACS is a business center that allows exchanging experience, establishing new connections, forming a favorable dynamics of partnership between the state, business and public organizations, and promoting contacts with foreign business circles.
IPACS is an international institution where along with Russian teachers, professors from the world’s leading universities, trainees from other countries are trained, international experience of state and corporate governance is accumulated and studied, conditions are being formed for integration into the global educational space.
The field of professional activity of graduates who have mastered the master’s program includes:
- public and municipal administration;
- administration in public and municipal institutions and enterprises;
- administration in the social sphere;
- Administration in non-profit organizations and other organizations in positions of affairs in government bodies and citizens.
The objects of professional activity of graduates who have mastered the master’s program are:
- bodies of the government of the Russian Federation,
- bodies of state authorities of the subjects of the Russian Federation,
- local government bodies,
- public and municipal enterprises and institutions,
- civil society institutions,
- public organizations,
- non-commercial and commercial organizations,
- international organizations and international bodies,
- other organizations, units for liaising with public and municipal bodies and citizens.
The main teaching staffDoctor of Law. Professor. Honored Lawyer of Russia. Expert of the Committee of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on Constitutional Legislation and State Construction. Member of the Council with the Chairman of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation for interaction with civil society institutions..
The main teaching staffDoctor of Laws. Assistant professor. Deputy Chairman of the Dissertation Council for the protection of doctoral dissertations in the legal sciences. Member of the Expert Council of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
The main teaching staffDoctor of Law. Professor. Member of the Public Council of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Interior of Russia for the Moscow Region. Member of the expert council of the Committee on Public Associations and Religious Organizations of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
The main teaching staffDoctor of Law. Candidate of Economic Sciences. Member of the Center for Public Finances of Central and Eastern Europe. A member of the International Financial Law Association (IAFF).
The main teaching staffDoctor of Philosophy. Associate Professor. Member of the European Association of Specialists in Public Administration (EGPA). Member of the Association of Experts of the United Nations Development Program in the field of combating corruption. Member of the Association of Universities and Public Institutions in the Field of Public Administration of Countries. Member of the editorial board of the International Public Management Journal.